Minor issues with "Web Export" tool and "Quick Export"

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2022-05-22 13:38:50

First of all, the export presets function is one of my favorite parts of Pixelmator Pro. It makes sharing so easy. But it has a few issues.

I think the "Export for Web" tool should be renamed to something else. I think it should just be called the "Export Tool" or "Export Slice Tool." This is because I think export presets should be able to have any format and not just the 5 or so usable on the web. I want to be able to preset the HEIC format for example, or perhaps even the Motion file format. The tool is useful for the web but it's also useful for way more things.

I also think the connection between "Quick Export" and the "Export for Web" tool is somewhat counter intuitive. I think Quick Export settings should be found in preferences. On that note, I have not found a way to reset my quick export settings. Perhaps that was accidentally removed?The manual online doesn't seem to be accurate for me.

I've also found the minor issue that some file formats like WebP lack proper icons in the Quick Export menu. Formats like PNG and JPG have bold text to represent the name of the format. I'd appreciate if this was fixed.

2022-05-24 15:56:12

Hi Zenith22, definitely interesting feedback! We'll keep it in mind for future Quick Export/Export for Web improvements. And thanks for letting us know about the Quick Export file format text issue! It should be fixed soon.

As for resetting your export presets, here's how you can do this:

1. Open Export for Web.
2. In the Tool Options pane, click the Presets icon.
3. Click the disclosure button next to any of your presets and choose Reset All.