Alignment of Shape anchor points.

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-02-01 18:45:24

I once suggested this to Sebastian and he thought it might be easy to permit aligning Shape anchor points , like in the image below. You might notice in this generated picture that my right edge alignment is not quite right because there is no alignment function; I did better on the top edge alignment. ;^)

This image started with a simple pentagon shape; I wished to realign the top and rightmost anchors with the top. the right side of the image would be allowing alignment of the two selected anchor points to the right. This ability would be very helplful for modifying shaped text anchor points as you may like. It might be good to have the keyboard shortcut be the same - just different based on items selected (for just shape anchor points or any other basic elements) - that might require changing the "Edges" menu text to "Items". (I don't know if you can modify menu items on the fly.

2021-02-05 09:19:24

Thanks for the reminder! I'm not sure if your suggestion reached the devs the last time but I'll make sure to pass it on and we'll consider it for the next batch of vector-related updates.

2021-12-02 17:55:32

I am hoping this might be brought to the forefront again. It seems easy to me, but maybe not to the devs. An alternative - not the most optimum - would be displaying the coordinates of A (singular) anchor point. This might permit easier adjustments in the x and y for an anchor.

2021-12-03 00:19:15

Can you make a screenshot of a shape you want to draw and may benefit from anchor point coords?

2021-12-03 12:15:45

by mccoytest I am hoping this might be brought to the forefront again. It seems easy to me, but maybe not to the devs. An alternative - not the most optimum - would be displaying the coordinates of A (singular) anchor point. This might permit easier adjustments in the x and y for an anchor.
We haven't done much in the vector domain this past year, so I guess the status of the anchor point alignment hasn't really changed. At this point, I can only ping the team about it again. In the meantime, snapping might help to align shapes in some situations. For instance, if you need to add a straight vector line vertically or horizontally, you can hold down the Shift key while drawing or adjusting an anchor point. And EllenM will probably have some other suggestions for you. :pray:

2021-12-04 20:08:12

by EllenM 2021-12-03 08:19:15 Can you make a screenshot of a shape you want to draw and may benefit from anchor point coords?
As the above simple image indicates - two examples aligning top and right. I more often use it to modify some text character shapes to add curves or change text heights/widths or descenders.

2024-03-17 17:04:20

Trying to revisit this again. The green (Saint Patricks Day) circled selections show, once again, how convenient it would be to align the anchor points, left, vertical. (Wrong:The align functions are accessible when anchor points are selected but only move the single selected shape in relation to other non-selected shapes/items.??)