Color and Black and White Film Presets

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2021-11-30 14:23:59

I just recently discovered Pixelmator Pro and love it! It's changing my photo processing workflow, making it much more efficient and time saving.

There's one little area, I wish were improved, however. That's presets for faux color and black and white film looks. I have been using software where I could choose the look of Kodak Tri-X or Fujifilm Velvia as a starting point, for example. You have a few, but rather than named for a specific film, they're called 01, 02, 03 ..., the same naming strategy used by Lightroom, although they have many more presets.

I realize the market share of photographers trying to make digital images look like film is extremely tiny, and thus this can't be at the top of your priority list, but at least please think about renaming those 01, 02, 03 ... presets.

2021-12-01 09:45:09

Hey BobAusTx. It's awesome to hear you're enjoying Pixelmator Pro by the way and thanks for the feedback! In the current presets browser, there isn't really enough space to display longer preset names very elegantly. If you try to rename a preset now, you'd notice that the name is shortened a lot for it to fit into the preset preview thumbnail. Therefore, even if we update the preset names, this change may not be that useful after all. Moving forward, we could probably think about additional preset browser views, like thumbnails or list, but that's something for the longer-term future.