Pixelmator can't recognise Photos Library

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-04-29 07:51:54

Brand new user, downloaded the app, opened it and went to connect to my Photos Library and get a "No Photos" message. When I use the Pixelmator menu to navigate to the Pictures folder, the Photos file is greyed out.
Running 12.3.1 on a M1 MacBookPro, the Photos Library is in the original location and can be opened with Photos.

Not a good start :cry:

thanks in anticipation
Michael

2022-04-29 13:12:26

Hi Michael, if permissions for Pixelmator Pro to be able to access your Photos library are enabled (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Photos) and you're still unable to see your Photos library in the New from Photos... window, this sounds like a known issue that sometimes happens with larger Photos libraries. A fix for this should be coming in one of the next Pixelmator Pro updates. For now, though, as a workaround I suggest trying out our Photos extension.

2022-04-29 23:57:33

Thanks Simon, it must be my Photos library size: 25,000 photos and 1,700 video. The permissions are OK. I'll access Pixelmotor through the extension until fix the issue :smile:

2023-09-13 20:50:23

figured it out had the same issue forever !! since I got it like a month ago, spend like 5 hours total trying o figure it out. today I looked at the setting again and I said fuck it ima going to press buttons.. I hit this button on the picture I included closed the photometer app open it again and it worked it! Image

2023-09-28 15:58:43

Hi JS7 thanks for the answer. I did the same as you more or less following my first post and sorted it out. Nothing like experientation to sort problems but one does have to put up with the odd cockup!