PSD Mockup?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-01-31 14:52:31

Hi there. Is there an easy way to replace "Your image here" in PSD mockup in Pixelmator? With an "image replace" image lost its perspective. How to properly replace "image here" with my image? In PS it was just 2 steps. But I decided to work in Pixelmator. Doesn't it work here?

2022-01-31 15:05:46

Format->Image->Replace Image…
(But I doubt it will automatically maintain transformations e.g.)

2022-02-04 08:31:22

PSD mockups with transformations won't work in Pixelmator Pro right now but template/mockup improvements, in general, are on our roadmap. I can't say if we'll be adding support for PSD mockups, but the initial plan is to at least allow creating custom mockups natively, in Pixelmator Pro.

2022-05-05 01:46:51

This is big problem for me too. I just switched from Photoshop in order to find out that this function does not work. I did find a hack that can fix this in some PSD mockup files:

Format -> Image -> Replace Image

Then this:

Format -> Effects -> Other -> Perspective Transform

Does not work on all files though, depends how it's done in Photoshop.

I think we really need this to be implemented in Pixelmator.

2022-05-06 14:55:49

Hi Mike, that's definitely on the table for the future. At the moment, though, you can create custom mockups with transformations preserved in Pixelmator Pro by using the Arrange tool and Perspective transform to make your transformations. (Make sure not to use Edit > Transform as, unlike the tools I just mentioned, it is destructive and thus will not be preserved in the mockup).