Design on 8.5" x 11" template leaves a white border when printing

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-01-11 02:29:05

The answer is probably simple, but hours of searching and haven't found it.

I created a new file using the 8.5" x 11" template. Filled the background layer with a color, which on the Pixelmator Pro screen fills the entire 8.5" x 11" rectangle, edge to edge. I designed the flyer on this.

When I print the image, either directly from the .pxd or the exported .png, or "print" to a .pdf and then print that, the image doesn't fill the whole page. There is a ~.5" white border of blank paper around the edge.

Why does the image designed to fill the 8.5" x 11" template print smaller than 8.5" x 11"?

Thanks

2022-01-11 06:13:07

Did you chose borderless?

2022-01-11 10:18:54

I may add: What kind printer are you using?

2022-01-11 19:12:49

Hi dbourne and EllenM,

Thank you very much for your replies.

I'm using a Canon TR8520.

Yes, printing right from Pixelmator Pro, the (default) printer setting for layout is Border: None.

It's baffling.

2022-01-11 19:34:41

Ok - I just wanted to make sure you don´t have a Laser Printer as these can´t do borderless printing.
Have a look here: https://www.bedienungsanleitu.ng/canon/ ... tung?p=234
https://www.bedienungsanleitu.ng/canon/ ... tung?p=209

2022-01-12 15:01:24

Hi EllenM,

Thanks for your feedback. Right, just an inkjet.

I did find that Canon support page for borderless printing in my search and interestingly, the printer driver setup window on my Canon is different from the one pictured there. After a lot more time trying to find out how to replicate the window shown on that page, all I can still find is a much different looking setup window for my printer, and the setup is set to "Border: None," as noted above.

Guess I will see what kind of phone or chat support Canon offers...

Thanks

2022-01-12 15:23:45

Good luck. Fingers crossed.

2022-01-12 20:09:27

OK, I found the setting for borderless printing, in Pixelmator Pro. In the Print dialog box in the Paper Size selection submenu, I had "US Letter 8.50 by 11.00 inches" selected, but hadn't noticed there was a drop-down menu for that selection. When I clicked the selection for that size, "US Letter...," I saw there are two options, one of which is "US Letter Borderless..." Solved.

Duh. I knew it had to be something simple...