Smart Refine only in Help?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-01-04 00:31:55

Smart Refine does not show up in the Edit menu.

It only shows up when I search Help.

(edit...)
I have to hold Shift and go to the Edit menu then Smart Refine shows up.

Now this is really messed up!
The screenshot on top shows Smart Refine but it is Select and Mask when I took the screenshot!
Likewise the bottom screenshot (with Help) shows Select and Mask but it is Smart Refine when I took the screenshot!

Photos from my phone

2022-01-12 16:27:04

Holding down the Shift key to reveal Smart Refine is expected behavior — just an extra option we thought would be nice to access without having to go through an additional submenu. Using modifier keys to reveal additional menu items is quite common on macOS. For instance, the Option key reveals Save As option in the File menu.

Also, I'm not sure how you're typically capturing screenshots but the typical keyboard shortcuts for this action are Command + Shift + 3 and Command + Shift + 4. So if you're using either one to snap pictures of your screen, it triggers the Smart Refine/Select and Mask option change as well.

2022-01-18 19:27:05

But the menu option does not change until I actually take the screenshot.
Holding Command & Shift does not change anything until I also press the 3 or 4 to take the screenshot.

How about showing the keys required to get menu items to show in the Help menu?
Be much easer than viewing each menu, pressing all the different key combos and seeing what happens then trying to remember them?

2022-01-21 16:33:35

by Chris Calone 2022-01-18 17:27:05 But the menu option does not change until I actually take the screenshot.
Holding Command & Shift does not change anything until I also press the 3 or 4 to take the screenshot.

How about showing the keys required to get menu items to show in the Help menu?
Be much easer than viewing each menu, pressing all the different key combos and seeing what happens then trying to remember them?
The screenshot issue is weird for sure. Must be a macOS peculiarity of some sort...
Listing the modifiers that reveal different menu items is a good idea, although there's a question of how this info is going to fit and look inside the Help menu design-wise. It's definitely something for us to think about.