Would prefer option to show image thumbnails on tabs (below tool bar) rather than file names

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-12-27 02:40:42

I'm just getting started with Pixelmator Pro and really want to like it (so I can abandon Adobe Photoshop Elements), but right off the bat I notice that there's no option to view thumbnails rather than file names in the tabs below the tool bar. Image file names in the tabs are useless to me (e.g., IMG0042.jpg, etc) when trying to rearrange the order of them before editing the photos (since you can only view one tab at a time in the main window), and "Show All Tabs" from the menu bar is also useless as you can't rearrange the tabs in that window either. I'm so use to Photoshop Elements showing a photo bin across the bottom as well as the file name tabs below the tool bar. And yes, I know that screen real estate is valuable, but I'd still like the option to see thumbnails as tabs which is more useful than file names.

2022-01-04 08:48:25

Thanks for the suggestion, Steve. This behavior is purely macOS-based, though. The way Pixelmator Pro displays tabs and the options it offers under Show All Tabs are the same as you'll find in other iWork-type apps, such as Keynote or Pages. I do understand the need for thumbnails though. We'd love to make it happen if an API for a feature like that shows up on macOS eventually. :pray: