Signature & copyright.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-12-09 14:11:14

How do I place my signature (png file) on the final image. This is a copyright signature so cannot be changed or replaced just for this purpose.

2021-12-10 08:43:32

Place/load the signature and scale+drag it into place - then export (cmd+E) to a non layer supporting file format like jpg or png.

2021-12-10 12:52:59

by EllenM 2021-12-10 08:43:32 Place/load the signature and scale+drag it into place - then export (cmd+E) to a non layer supporting file format like jpg or png.
I am sorry; but, I do not understand this at all.
I recognise it is my ignorance so perhaps an idiots version of your answer would be more helpful to me.

Place/load - how, where?
scale+drag - unknown to this new user and the last part is in a foreign language.

In Affinity I select my sig. (png) from Documents>click Open>drag it to position and flatten image.

Maybe if I wrote it down technically it would read like your answer but I would not know how to do that. Sorry again - my bad.

2021-12-10 13:42:37

No problem - in essence same procedure as in Affinity. Drag the png onto the open file in Pixelmator Pro - take the Arrange Tool (V) to drag into place and scale if needed - then export to Jpg or Png - done. That´s the non-destructive way - if you want it "backed in" select both layer - right mouse button click (ctrl-click" and tell "Merge". Export will be still necessary.
Maybe like so.

2021-12-10 16:43:31

by EllenM 2021-12-10 13:42:37 No problem - in essence same procedure as in Affinity. Drag the png onto the open file in Pixelmator Pro - take the Arrange Tool (V) to drag into place and scale if needed - then export to Jpg or Png - done. That´s the non-destructive way - if you want it "backed in" select both layer - right mouse button click (ctrl-click" and tell "Merge". Export will be still necessary.
Maybe like so.
Thank you EllenM.

I will give it a go with next print (only post on "ello").

I will report on this thread as to results.

Much obliged.