Is there no channels palette?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-12-01 12:44:36

That pretty much says it all. Is there none?? Nowhere where I can see/switch to showing just my R, G, B ,and/or A channel? ๐Ÿคจ

Is this considered unnecessary for some reason that I'm missing? Or am I just blind?

Cheers,
RK

2021-12-01 15:16:39

You're right, there's no RGB channels palette in Pixelmator Pro at the moment. To be fair, I couldn't really tell why we haven't added it โ€” the placement of the palette in the Tool Options pane could have been one of the reasons. Do you use it for some specific workflow? Perhaps there are some workarounds we can think of for this. :thinking:

2021-12-01 16:00:04

Thanks, Aurelija. Well, that's surprising. Seems pretty basic to me, no?

I use it to check each channel individually for various reasons. E.g. if I want to see which is best suited for converting to black and white or simply just want to edit that one channel. Or for editing or just checking the alpha channel by itself or, as with PS, Affinity etc. etc. to make a selection from it. The latter being things I do most frequently.

Adding that would be a HUGE priority feature request for me. Because until then I'll still have to opt for another app. ๐Ÿ˜•

Cheers