Layer swapping for easy digital mockups, with transform

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-11-30 06:56:52

Hello,

I'm aware of the Format > Image > Replace feature, but it loses any transforms on the layer it's replacing. Is there a way to swap out a layer and maintain a transform?

I'm basically trying to do product mockups, kind of like your t-shirt logo mockup video, but I'd like to then take that layer and easily swap it out with a different logo and have it look good on the shirt without having to do all of the transforms and effects again.

Is this possible with Pixelmator, or are there any other features for digital proofs/mockups that could be used?

2021-11-30 12:22:56

Heya deker. Have to admit, you hit a bit of a pain point with this. :sweat_smile: Pixelmator Pro doesn't currently offer a particularly smooth workflow as far as mockups or templates are concerned and we're very much aware of it. There are a few technical limitations that we need to sort out first to make the whole experience smoother but improvements are certainly on the roadmap and some of the developments had already started, so we'll just have to wait and see what the future brings! :fingers_crossed:

2021-11-30 14:59:06

Thanks for the transparency. :)

2021-12-01 14:37:29

by deker Thanks for the transparency. :)
:pray: