Palette-based interface

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-11-23 23:40:22

is there a way to switch back to the Palette-based interface in Pixelmator Pro?

I tested the Pro version for a bit a few months ago but am not really a fan of fullscreen and consolidated toolboxes as I can not utilize my additional screens.

in the old Pixelmator i have the toolwindows in another screen which is really handy.

2021-11-24 09:03:52

Hi nullx8, welcome to the forum! With Pixelmator Pro, we've decided to go full-on single-window, so the interface elements are not detachable, nor there is a separate palette-based mode available. I understand that this type of workspace may not be everyone's cup of tea and might take some time to get used to or not click at all, but that's simply the path we've chosen this time.

2021-11-24 09:07:49

by Aurelija 2021-11-24 00:00:00 might take some time to get used to or not click at all, but that's simply the path we've chosen this time.
yeah, I understand that the issue is that it does basically remove all professionals from using Pixelmator unless you are in a train on a MacBook ;) as in all other scenarios, one would have more than 1 screen :)

well that's fine I am more than happy with the old Pixelmator anyway, just hope it's still getting critical updates.

2021-11-24 11:23:29

We do plan to continue the support for Pixelmator Classic in the foreseeable future but yeah, it will be stability and compatibility updates only.