Accidentally removed Black & White Color Adjustments collection

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-11-09 10:51:59

I made a mistake in rushing. I was working on a black-and-white piece of art and accidentally removed all 6 or 7 black and white tools. I am using the Mac App Store app.

Is there a way to reinstall that collection again? Can reinstalling the application do such a thing? I'll be careful to export my gradients if possible before taking any steps. That's about the only thing I've had customized in the application.

2021-11-09 11:08:01

How do you managed to remove all 6 adjustments one by one without noticing. :woman_shrugging:
I can export them but this forum won´t allow any file uploads except raster images.
You may need to export your own gradients - delete app and reinstall and re-import.

2021-11-09 11:14:13

by EllenM 2021-11-09 11:08:35 How do you managed to remove all 6 adjustments one by one without noticing. :woman_shrugging:
I can export them but this forum won´t allow any file uploads except raster images.
You may need to export your own gradients - delete app and reinstall and re-import.
I hit the 3.icon next to the collection and with my keyboard shortcut savvy mind, hit the enter key instinctively because I was trying to remove something else instead. I hope it is as easy as reinstalling. But I can’t get to it right now. If this is the correct thing to do, I will try it soon or provide and update here after my attempt.

2021-11-09 11:21:07

If you can provide a valid e-mail address for a minute I can send you a compressed folder of the 6 adjustments.

2021-11-11 09:55:40

by Vesper Hess 2021-11-09 08:51:59 I made a mistake in rushing. I was working on a black-and-white piece of art and accidentally removed all 6 or 7 black and white tools. I am using the Mac App Store app.

Is there a way to reinstall that collection again? Can reinstalling the application do such a thing? I'll be careful to export my gradients if possible before taking any steps. That's about the only thing I've had customized in the application.
A simple reinstall won't restore the original presets collection, only Pixelmator Pro reset will, but there's one more method that's much quicker. Just click More (the circle with three dots) next to the collection pop-up menu, then choose Reset All while holding down the Option key on your keyboard.

Keep in mind, though, that the above method is a hard reset, so any custom presets you may have created will be removed. If you have some you want to save, make sure to backup them first, or install a fresh copy of the specific preset collection you'd like to reset.

I've exported all the preset collections separately and zipped them up here. To import a collection, you can simply drag it to the Pixelmator Pro icon in the Dock.

2023-05-14 15:38:04

Hey brand new user to pixelmator. I was playing around with the app and accidentslly deleted cinematic color adjustments. Is there anyway to get it back or does any one have the file so I can redownload?

2023-05-17 08:16:43

@Glasco Have you tried Aurelija´s tip above or the linked download already?