Move Pixelmator Pro Extension Documents

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-11-08 15:45:11

Pixelmator Pro saves files in this map ,Pixelmator Pro Extension Documents.
I would like to have this map on an external drive. Is it possible to " tell " Pixelmator Pro to do that. And if it is, how do I do that. I know I can move the map, but Pixelmator Pro is still saving to the " old " location.
Sorry if this is an easy thing, as I am still relatively new to Pixelmator Pro. (I own it already a long time, but started using and liking it only recently)
Regards,
Jos

2021-11-11 11:40:44

Hi Jos. When working with the Pixelmator Pro Photos extension, you can only save documents to the Pictures folder on your Mac or a dedicated folder in iCloud (you can change the location in the Pixelmator Pro preferences). Saving to these predetermined locations allows us to reliably link images in Photos with their nondestructive edits stored in PXD files and essentially makes preserving nondestructive edits possible.

Note that relocating the PXD files will break this link and flatten the images, meaning, you will be no longer able to access layers or tweak any other nondestructive edits you may have previously applied using the Pixelmator Pro extension.

2021-11-11 14:59:25

Thanks Aurelija,
That’s a pity. I hoped it was possible to change the location of the map and let Pixelmator know were it has moved to. But it seems I’ve got to deal with it .😩
Thanks again for your very clear answer,
Regards,
Jos

2021-11-12 12:28:35

No problem!