Lock smooth curve handles mirroring

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-10-10 13:34:15

Hi,

I'm new to Pixelmator Pro, and I wonder if there's a way to lock smooth curve mirroring when editing the handles: meaning, when you pull a handle, the other mirrors its position. It's the first time I don't see this feature on a vector drawing app.

Thanks

2021-10-10 13:38:25

Unfortunately it´s not yet implemented. And yes I was surprised as well: https://www.pixelmator.com/community/vi ... 12&t=18932
I´m not sure Pixelmator Pro is called a vector drawing app BTW.

2021-10-10 13:42:23

Wow, thanks for your reply.

If Pixelmator team reads this: it took me literally 10 min to find this missing feature, and I believe it's a must-have for most professional photo editors. It's a shame because I really liked the UX.

2021-10-10 14:11:38

Same here. Doing vector graphics since 1987. :eyes:

2021-10-11 11:27:36

by Hey Wow, thanks for your reply.

If Pixelmator team reads this: it took me literally 10 min to find this missing feature, and I believe it's a must-have for most professional photo editors. It's a shame because I really liked the UX.
Indeed, as EllenM pointed out, Pixelmator Pro wasn't initially intended for vector design (it's a raster editor at its core). And while we've added a lot of vector-editing functionality since, we realize there are probably still some nuances left uncovered. When possible, we do our best to make improvements based on the feedback we get from Pixelmator users or the artists we work with. The direction handle mirroring is on our radar already, too. :pray: