Zooming into images

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-10-08 07:38:16

Good morning everyone,

Just trialling Pixelmator Pro on my Mac, having previously been an Affinity user on pc.

Love the layout and general ease of use, however, have one query please, which whilst I can see has been posted before, cannot quite get my head around (probably an age thing!).

Previously used to use Affinity to repair old photos/images, but when importing image into PM can't zoom in without serious pixelation (if that is the term) occurring. Realise that this is down to the number of pixels in the imported image, so how do I increase them to full size - i.e. how they would be in either Apple photos or Affinity?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Simon

2021-10-08 08:05:29

Hi Simon, realistically, there shouldn't be any difference at all here, but I guess something about the file opening/import process means you get smaller images in Pixelmator Pro for some reason.

Could you click Image > Image Size in Pixelmator Pro and check the size of the image (in pixels), then let me know what the size is in Affinity?

2021-10-08 12:57:14

Andrius,

Apologies, it was me being a total idiot - matter sorted thank you. That will teach me for being so impetuous.

Btw just purchased software and delighted with what it will offer.

Thanks again,

Simon

2021-10-08 13:19:48

Ah, glad to hear it! Good luck with using the app and, of course, feel free to stop by the forum if you ever have any questions. :raised_hands: