Couple of Questions/Concerns with New from Photos…

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-08-14 14:17:26

I have a couple of Questions/Concern with New from Photos…

1. Why is New from Photos… so slow? Of course Photos is near instantaneous, but so it Raw Power. PP can take over a minute working with my large (>100GB) Photos Library with each click.

2. Could we get a slider in New from Photos… to adjust the size of the thumbnails? I is hard to discern similar images with the thumbs fixed at the size they are.

2021-08-19 08:48:09

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback — both of the mentioned points are known to us and are mainly due to the limitations of the current Photo browser. We realize there are some issues with library loading speeds (especially with larger libraries) and that the browser design itself isn't exactly ideal. We'd love to improve these things at some point down the line to allow faster and more streamlined photo browsing.

In the meantime, the best way to work around these limitations is by using the Pixelmator Pro extension in Photos. This way, you'd cut on the library loading times and be able to use all the photo browsing and management features that come with Photos.