Pixelmator Pro Text convert to pixel and shape

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-06-06 05:19:39

I note that there is option to convert text to pixel and shape. Please outline what are the reasons for doing so ie is this conversion supposed to do editing of text which cannot be done if it is left in its original form?

2021-06-08 19:55:56

ie is this conversion supposed to do editing of text which cannot be done if it is left in its original form?
It's exactly that. Although text is technically a vector, in the sense that it's nondestructively scalable, it's not really a vector shape per se. This means you can't edit it like a regular shape either (adjust the anchor points, direction handles, etc.) unless you convert it into one. Once you do, each of the text characters becomes a fully editable shape of its own.

2021-06-09 14:07:43

I would appreciate if the answer could be reworded so that those who are even newbies could understand.

2021-06-09 14:24:03

Loongshifu,

Here is a link to an older video on Youtube that might be helpful. You can skip to about 1:33 and he will show you how to do it.

https://youtu.be/62kSGy-9zws

2021-06-11 08:09:14

You can also check this article here on raster (pixel) and vector (shape) layers to learn more about how they work and can be used in editing. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!