load selection

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-05-23 07:59:25

I often read, in tutorials and in response to forum issues, to "load selection" as part of the instructions to solve a problem. But I have not found a simple explanation (in the manual or elsewhere) of what exactly it is that we do when loading a selection.

Also, how does it relate to Deactivate selection?

Please help.

2021-05-25 10:03:18

Hey, Francisco. Load Selection can help speed up certain workflows, therefore it's often suggested in tutorials, instructions, etc. I've posted about the feature itself in a different thread, but you can also check out this Pixelmator Pro help guide section here for a more in-depth explanation.
Also, how does it relate to Deactivate selection?
While Load Selection creates a selection, when you deselect, you exit the selection, or in other words, remove the constraints created by the selection.

2021-06-01 06:55:25

This is very useful.

Some of the explanations in the first link are complex and I will need a bit of time to digest them. The second link, the one you say has a more in-depth explanation, contains a precise definition of load selection. This is what I was looking for.

Many thanks.

2021-06-01 11:10:23

by Francisco 2021-06-01 03:55:25 This is very useful.

Some of the explanations in the first link are complex and I will need a bit of time to digest them. The second link, the one you say has a more in-depth explanation, contains a precise definition of load selection. This is what I was looking for.

Many thanks.
Glad that helped. :pray: