How do I import a batch of files to edit?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-05-23 07:25:25

Hi there!

I've started using Pixelmator and in general, I'm satisfied with. But, what I cannot find is to import a batch of files - for example, all the photos I took a particular day.

So far, I have to edit photos one by one and this is extremely time consuming.

Any help is highly appreciated! :pray:

2021-05-25 13:36:49

Hey! There are a couple of ways you can automate actions using Pixelmator Pro — using the Automator app or scripting workflows using AppleScript. You can check out our official Tutorials page to learn more about how both methods work.

2021-05-26 08:17:07

by Aurelija Hey! There are a couple of ways you can automate actions using Pixelmator Pro — using the Automator app or scripting workflows using AppleScript. You can check out our official Tutorials page to learn more about how both methods work.
Hi there and thank you for the response but, that's not what I'm asking for.

Previously I was working with Lightroom but I got fed up with the sub system. With that program, I would import all photos from the camera/ card/ whatever and edit them one by one.

With Pixelmator Pro I have to open from folder one by one each photo, I don't have a grid view to preview photos before I select them for editing and the whole process is not pro at all!

2021-05-27 12:19:21

Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying. Pixelmator Pro doesn't really have a custom document browser that you could use to import and manage images. It relies on macOS — Photos app and the Apple file system — for that. For your editing purposes, I'd suggest considering a workflow through Photos. Pixelmator Pro is fully available as an extension in Photos, so you can get the best of both worlds — Photos for navigating images and Pixelmator Pro for editing.

2021-05-28 05:47:13

by Aurelija Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying. Pixelmator Pro doesn't really have a custom document browser that you could use to import and manage images. It relies on macOS — Photos app and the Apple file system — for that. For your editing purposes, I'd suggest considering a workflow through Photos. Pixelmator Pro is fully available as an extension in Photos, so you can get the best of both worlds — Photos for navigating images and Pixelmator Pro for editing.
Got it!

In the future, team should consider intergrading such a system. Moving between apps (..or even windows) when editing a lot of photos, is not very productive :wink: