Ingrams Book Covers and color profiles

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-05-18 17:27:13

I switched from Photoshop Elements to Pixelmator Pro to create book covers for eBooks and print. In Elements, because it did not allow CMYK profiles. When one of my clients needed a cover through Ingram, which required according to their documentation "CMYK and no profile" I found that from an RGB workspace I could save the file with no profile and Ingram was happy. Trying to do the same trick with Pixelmator is not working.

I select None from the color profile Image/Color Profile... menu command and export the file with no profile and Ingram's program says there are color profiles attached to the image.

Anyone have any insights into this?

2021-05-19 14:15:02

Hey Maya. I have a feeling you're using PDF for export but just in case you export to PNG or JPEG, you could try using the "Convert to sRGB" under Export for Web (in the format's advanced options) — it'll remove the color profile from your image. Other than that, I can't really think of anything else to offer, I'm afraid. Perhaps someone else has ideas on how to make this work. :thinking:

2021-05-19 18:18:05

Thanks. I am exporting for PDF, but have even tried exporting to JPG and PNG as an intermediary step. I hadn't thought of exporting for web, but I can give that a try too.

2021-05-21 14:17:56

by Maya Bohnhoff 2021-05-19 15:18:05 Thanks. I am exporting for PDF, but have even tried exporting to JPG and PNG as an intermediary step. I hadn't thought of exporting for web, but I can give that a try too.
:pray: