Does pixelmator do what I need?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-04-29 14:52:48

I’m looking into pixelmator as a replacement to photoshop elements (v2018)
I haven’t downloaded pixelmator yet as I hate downloading and cluttering up my apps folder only for app trials.

Im hoping the community can point me in the right direction...

Can Pixelmator export layers as separate files (jpeg)

Details: I collect rare vintage non-sports cards. My workflow is to scan 12 at a time, create a layer for each card from the original scan. I straighten each layer, create a layer mask slightly larger then the card. Now I got 12 layers cropped and level I need to get them out of the app each as it’s own file and the boundaries cropped to each layer image.

Photoshop elements will not allow me to export each layer and it’s frustrating cause they make that a feature for photoshop.

Does Pixelmator allow exporting individual layers?

2021-04-30 10:26:52

Hey there! Pixelmator community is most definitely the best place for questions like these. ;) And the answer is — it does! The feature is called Add for Export. You can use it to add layers as separate images for export, choose the file format (or a few) you want to use for export, and customize other export settings.

2021-04-30 15:02:41

Thank you so much for the reply!
I actually found the information I needed last night while searching tutorials and community discussions.
Searching on a phone with bad reception vs desktop at home.

I am very impressed with what is see in this app
Count me as a new customer!!

2021-05-03 11:21:29

Yay! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying Pixelmator Pro so far. :raised_hands: Feel free to let us know what you think after spending some more time with the app. :)

2021-05-27 13:07:56

by jacky joy 2021-05-25 10:20:27 thanks for the awesome information.
You're welcome!

2022-07-24 14:05:16

[REMOVED]

2022-07-24 16:59:48

Really frustrating that they are even spamming sites like this; Jackie Joy and rockmartin should be banned from your servers.

2022-07-24 17:24:40

by mccoytest Really frustrating that they are even spamming sites like this; Jackie Joy and rockmartin should be banned from your servers.
Yes, and there is no feature to flag spam on the forum software Pixelmator uses.

2022-07-25 08:01:33

by mccoytest Really frustrating that they are even spamming sites like this; Jackie Joy and rockmartin should be banned from your servers.
We delete multiple users per day and unfortunately, the spam isn't subsiding. :disappointed: We'll look into any methods we can to prevent this – maybe some user moderators might be able to help with this. As for flagging spam – that could work, but obviously has potential to be be abused too.