Color adjustment with a mask?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-04-09 16:29:25

Hello everyone!
I have made some color adjustment to an image, but now I want to make some adjustment to just one part of that image.
Of course I could duplicate the layer and use a mask, but if I change the original image, the duplicated one will not change.
In Photoshop I can simply add an adjustment and use a mask to affect just one part of the layer below.
How can I do this in Pixelmator Pro?
Thanks in advance!

2021-04-10 07:39:11

Hey there. Pixelmator Pro doesn't work with adjustment layers, so I'd suggest grouping layers as an alternative. This way, you'd be able to work on different parts of an image individually, using the masked layers within the group and for any other adjustments that affect the entire image, apply them to the top-level group layer.

2021-04-13 18:21:07

by Aurelija 2021-04-10 11:39:11 Hey there. Pixelmator Pro doesn't work with adjustment layers, so I'd suggest grouping layers as an alternative. This way, you'd be able to work on different parts of an image individually, using the masked layers within the group and for any other adjustments that affect the entire image, apply them to the top-level group layer.
This would be a great topic for a tutorial.

2021-04-15 13:10:54

by gooddaysunshine 2021-04-13 15:21:07
This would be a great topic for a tutorial.
Now that you've mentioned it, it probably would!