Choosing a font

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-03-24 01:25:39

I often browse through my fonts to find something I like for a particular project. Is there an efficient way to do that using the Pixelmator Pro font chooser?

Not only are there no previews in the font list (you have to first select a font before you can see the preview), but you seemingly can't use the up/down arrows to move through the list. So, to preview each font, you need to move the mouse to the next line and then click, over and over. It's really slow and inefficient.

Is there a better way to do this within Pixelmator Pro?

2021-03-24 15:55:47

by Neil Weinstock 2021-03-23 23:25:39 I often browse through my fonts to find something I like for a particular project. Is there an efficient way to do that using the Pixelmator Pro font chooser?

Not only are there no previews in the font list (you have to first select a font before you can see the preview), but you seemingly can't use the up/down arrows to move through the list. So, to preview each font, you need to move the mouse to the next line and then click, over and over. It's really slow and inefficient.

Is there a better way to do this within Pixelmator Pro?
Hey Neil, are you having this issue with Pixelmator Pro only? Could you check if other apps on your Mac, say, Keynote, behave differently?

2021-03-25 13:06:23

I just prepared a zillion screenshots of all different apps' font selectors for comparison... then when I went back to Pixelmator Pro I cannot find the previous font dialog that I was complaining about in my original post??? Now I see a more traditional font pulldown with each font name rendered in its own font, which is fine.

I am befuddled, but I guess it means that the question is moot for the moment. Sorry for the confusion.

2021-03-26 11:41:21

No worries, glad to hear everything's back to normal. If the issue ever comes back, though, we'd love to hear about it and dig deeper.