How to make the same select/delete operation to multiple layers

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-03-24 01:17:11

I'm still working through my 15 day trial of Pixelmator Pro, so I still feel a bit clueless about things.

Today I wanted to trim a piece off the edge of my image... which consisted of a stack of bitmap layers. Well, I could make the selection and then delete from one layer, but then I'd need to make the exact same selection on the next layer, and so on. That's not really practical given it was not a standard rectangular selection.

I'd rather not do this with masks or anything... I just to clean up an edge of my bitmaps. And I don't want to merge the layers quite yet. Is there any clever way to do this?

2021-03-24 08:58:45

I'm not a pro but when working with several layers (photos) I have found if you select all the layers and then open the crop tool the crop will apply to all layers so you don't have to merge them. Hope this helps.

2021-03-24 15:48:17

by Neil Weinstock 2021-03-23 23:17:11 I'm still working through my 15 day trial of Pixelmator Pro, so I still feel a bit clueless about things.

Today I wanted to trim a piece off the edge of my image... which consisted of a stack of bitmap layers. Well, I could make the selection and then delete from one layer, but then I'd need to make the exact same selection on the next layer, and so on. That's not really practical given it was not a standard rectangular selection.

I'd rather not do this with masks or anything... I just to clean up an edge of my bitmaps. And I don't want to merge the layers quite yet. Is there any clever way to do this?
There's a "Reselect" button at the bottom of the Tool Options pane that you can click to repeat your last selection. I believe it should do the trick for what you're trying to achieve.

2021-03-25 13:12:37

by Aurelija There's a "Reselect" button at the bottom of the Tool Options pane that you can click to repeat your last selection. I believe it should do the trick for what you're trying to achieve.
Ah, did not notice that and it is perfect.

I should also say that today when I make a selection and then delete, the selection remains in place, so I can switch layers and delete again. That is not what was happening when I tried this the first time and posted this question. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Anyway, things are being pretty well-behaved for me now, so I'm happy. Thanks!

2021-03-25 13:57:35

by Neil Weinstock 2021-03-25 13:41:12 Ah, did not notice that and it is perfect.

I should also say that today when I make a selection and then delete, the selection remains in place, so I can switch layers and delete again. That is not what was happening when I tried this the first time and posted this question. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Anyway, things are being pretty well-behaved for me now, so I'm happy. Thanks!
I was actually wondering the same thing! But then again, I wasn't sure of your workflow entirely. Either way, glad to hear it's working as expected now. :)