How can I make Instagram Carousel

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-03-04 17:05:38

Hi, you know how I can create IG carousels? When I choose a new document (wide enough) and add .jpg photos to it. I cannot crop and / or resize the photo on the mask. I would like to use several photos of different sizes. I saw a tutorial on YT for Lightroom but unfortunately found nothing for Pixelmator Pro. I would like the effect as shown in the attached photo. Image

2021-03-05 11:20:35

Hi, Aleksander! You'll probably want to start off by creating a new empty document and adding some guides to it. The guides will help you better visualize where one slide ends and the other one begins. Also, the guides will come in handy when slicing your document into separate slides for export. If I'm not mistaken, the standard dimensions of Instagram images are 1080px by 1080px, so your document should be 1080 pixels in height. To calculate the required document width, simply multiply 1080 px by the number of slides you want in your carousel.

Next come the images — insert and arrange them the way you want in the document. To resize or rotate the image layers, use the Arrange tool. When it comes to cropping image layers, you can do so destructively or nondestructively. You can check out this thread here for more detailed steps.

Once you're happy with the arrangement, you can then choose the Slice tool (K) to create a slice of each slide and export them as separate images. The slice tool should automatically snap to the guides as you draw or adjust a slice.

Hope that helps!

2021-03-05 11:40:58

by Aurelija 2021-03-05 11:30:53 Hi, Aleksander! You'll probably want to start off by creating a new empty document and adding some guides to it. The guides will help you better visualize where one slide ends and the other one begins. Also, the guides will come in handy when slicing your document into separate slides for export. If I'm not mistaken, the standard dimensions of Instagram images are 1080px by 1080px, so your document should be 1080 pixels in height. To calculate the required document width, simply multiply 1080 px by the number of slides you want in your carousel.

Next come the images — insert and arrange them the way you want in the document. To resize or rotate the image layers, use the Arrange tool. When it comes to cropping image layers, you can do so destructively or nondestructively. You can check out this thread here for more detailed steps.

Once you're happy with the arrangement, you can then choose the Slice tool (K) to create a slice of each slide and export them as separate images. The slice tool should automatically snap to the guides as you draw or adjust a slice.

Hope that helps!

Thank you Aurelija!!!
Exactly I think about something like Arrange tool :)

2021-03-05 13:27:51

You're very welcome! :)