Exporting as a PDF with clickable links and highlightable text?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-12-30 19:14:04

When I export as a PDF, I'm not able to achieve a couple things... I'm hoping for some guidance.

How can I make the text highlight-able? And can I add a hyperlink to a URL?

Lastly, upon export, it seems to add a bit of extra white space around the top and left edges. Not sure what would be causing that. I've set it up as standard 8.5 x 11 letter size.

Any help is much appreciated!

2021-01-04 17:32:27

Right now, PDFs are exported as images – adding support for things like hyperlinks and text is a rather significant feature and we're currently focusing more on the image editing side of things, rather than something like this, which would be more for document creation and publishing. As for it being exported with extra white space, could you share a screenshot of what you see in Pixelmator Pro and in the PDF file? That should make this easier to pin-point. :pray:

2021-01-04 17:57:54

by Andrius 2021-01-04 17:32:41 Right now, PDFs are exported as images – adding support for things like hyperlinks and text is a rather significant feature and we're currently focusing more on the image editing side of things, rather than something like this, which would be more for document creation and publishing. As for it being exported with extra white space, could you share a screenshot of what you see in Pixelmator Pro and in the PDF file? That should make this easier to pin-point. :pray:
Thanks! I figured out the white space issue. I assume it had to do with it exporting via the Print function on my Mac. When I adjusted the paper size settings and then "saved as PDF" via print, it got rid of the white space.