Cut out complicated curly hair

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-03-29 20:41:25

Hello,
How do you make a photo free-standing if it's a curly head?
so remove the background without removing the fine hairs, so that you can place a different background afterwards?

Like this example below!

2020-03-30 06:10:18

I would love cutting edge technology to tackle this issue...

2020-03-30 15:27:39

by Van Hauwe Gilbert Hello,
How do you make a photo free-standing if it's a curly head?
so remove the background without removing the fine hairs, so that you can place a different background afterwards?

Like this example below!

It's definitely tricky — manual options are really the only thing we can suggest for now but we'd like to create a dedicated feature for things like this.

2020-03-31 06:36:05

This is a true nightmare with manual tools 🛠

2020-03-31 13:55:37

by ResLes 2020-03-31 06:36:05 This is a true nightmare with manual tools 🛠
Oh I know :sweat_smile:

2020-03-31 18:51:06

I started Googling, and there are many video examples for freeing difficult curly hair, but these are practically all intended for Photoshop / elements. I worked with PSE 15 years ago, but macOS Catalina does NOT want to work with that version anymore! In the meantime I have bought PSE 2020, and I think I will succeed now. Pixelmator Pro is always claimed to be a Photoshop killer, perhaps within this and five years. But not yet. Thanks for all the comments!

Greetings from Belgium.

2020-04-01 13:43:29

by Van Hauwe Gilbert I started Googling, and there are many video examples for freeing difficult curly hair, but these are practically all intended for Photoshop / elements. I worked with PSE 15 years ago, but macOS Catalina does NOT want to work with that version anymore! In the meantime I have bought PSE 2020, and I think I will succeed now. Pixelmator Pro is always claimed to be a Photoshop killer, perhaps within this and five years. But not yet. Thanks for all the comments!

Greetings from Belgium.
Just FYI, we've never called ourselves "Photoshop killers" and that's never been our intention. Our goal is to create native image editing apps that are fast, powerful, and easy to use. There will always be certain features missing for certain people and we won't make everyone happy 100% of the time. We'd like to add this feature but there are other things that we feel are currently a bigger priority, however, I can definitely see us adding this one day.

2020-04-25 14:17:17

I'm looking for this for a while !!
Thanks guys!