Deletes layer automatically when opening and auto saves

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-02-15 14:46:26

Hi,
After the latest update I keep having problems with information loss of a whole layer. This occurs when I use the WARP/BUMP/PINCH/TWIRL and just after it automatically saves so that I lose everything.
It also happened when opening a picture with the .pxd format.

br

Steffen

2020-02-17 13:05:26

Hi Steffen, if autosave is turned on (and by default, it would be), then using File > Revert To > Browse All Versions, you can get previous versions of your file back when undoing doesn't bring back the contents of a layer.

As for the issue itself, are there any steps that consistently cause this to happen? Simply using one of those tools doesn't seem to make the issue appear, so it might be something about this composition itself that's having an effect — selections, effects, adjustments, or something like that. If you have any ideas about the possible culprits, I'd love to hear them!

Also, are both your Mac and Pixelmator Pro completely up to date? The latest version of Pixelmator Pro is 1.5.5 and, if you're on Catalina, that latest version is 10.15.3.

Finally, sharing an example file would also be a great help — you can upload it to http://upload.pixelmator.com, which will generate a link that you can copy and paste here. If you'd rather not share the file publicly, you can also send it to us at support@pixelmator.com.