Pixelmator changes file names when opens image.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-11-15 20:02:10

When I move an iimage to Pixelmator to edit, it removes the image name and camera number and instead assigns a long string of meaningless numbers that don’t even include the image number. in short nothing you can use to trace and locate image later.
A friend designed a little app for me that changes the name of images I import to the date photo take, which camera used, and image number from camera. Then I import to Photo, which keeps the name assigned by app. Pixelmator is defeating my app.
Is there a way to prevent this?

2019-11-18 09:39:23

Hey Armando, would you be able to shoot us an email about this at support@pixelmator.com with an example file, if possible? Thanks in advance!

2021-04-23 19:06:28

Was there a solution to this? I also want to keep the name of file, instead it names layer.

2021-04-26 10:38:10

by pixelprettytx 2021-04-23 16:06:28 Was there a solution to this? I also want to keep the name of file, instead it names layer.
Hi! Could you let me know if you are opening images from Photos directly or use the Pixelmator Pro Photos browser? And if you're opening directly from Photos, do you choose Edit With > Pixelmator Pro or drag the images from Photos into Pixelmator Pro yourself?

2023-10-18 07:17:59

When I import or drag an image to Pixelmator to edit, it removes the image name and camera number and instead assigns a long string of meaningless numbers or sometimes current date, that don’t even include the image number. in short nothing you can use to trace and locate image later. Im facing this problem as past week, before everything was fine. how to prevent this ?