Textbox Snapping

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-05-22 20:19:45

Hi!

I'm new to Pixelmator Pro and I'm trying to get used to, and, I'm enjoying so far!
I was looking for a way to get my font snapping to the grids, but, I'm getting the textbox snapping.

Is there any way to to this?
I've tried to convert into pixels, but, doing this, I will not be able to change what I wrote.

Thanks!
Delon.

2019-05-22 22:56:09

Hi Delon.
Sorry but I can't think of an answer much better than you already have. I tried grouping a bounding rectangle with some sample text but Pixelmator Pro snaps the object that is furthest from the centre of the object which is the edge of the text box.
So you're back to converting to pixels or aligning the text by eye. You have another option, though. You can convert to a shape. You still won't be able to go back and edit the text but, if you do need to resize it or style it, at least you can do that losslessly.
Hope this helps (at least a little bit).
- Stef.

2019-05-22 23:14:29

by st3f 2019-05-22 22:57:00 ...You can convert to a shape...
Hi Stef!
Thanks for the help.

I've tried, but, I didn't like the results neither.
If I align the shadow created converting to a shape, the other letters get dealigned.

But, thanks for the help. I'm trying to align by eye. No worries.

2019-05-23 17:11:31

I use kerning (Cmd+Opt [ or Cmd+Opt ] )to decrease the space between the first character and the left edge, and do the same for the last character and the right edge. This brings the layer outline really close to the text.

S.

2019-05-26 05:01:45

by Sandeep Sajeev 2019-05-23 17:11:31 ...decrease the space between the first character and the left edge, and do the same for the last character and the right edge...

S.
I wasn't able to do this. At least here, when using kerning, the space between the characters are decreased, not the space between the character and the text box.

I've tried to show using kerning between all the letters, between the first two, and between the first and the edge of the text box: https://streamable.com/j9uvx