Divide lines

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-09-10 06:58:45

Is it possible to divide lines with a tool? Example: I draw a line and I need to divide it into [x] equal parts, lets say 10, for a timeline. What tool do I use, or can it become a tool?

2018-09-10 09:01:01

Hi buschmann.

I can't think of a way of doing it automatically so I think this is a valid feature request.

In the mean time, here's how I'd do it:
1. With the Draw tool, draw a long horizontal black line. This will be the line to divide.
2. With the Draw tool and a bright colour, draw a short vertical line at one end of the black line. This will be the first marker.
3. Duplicate the marker and put it at the other end of the black line. This will be the second marker.
4. Duplicate the marker another nine times and place these copies in between the first and second markers. Don't worry about spacing; we'll get Pixelmator Pro to do that for us.
5. Select all the markers and click on "Evenly distribute your selected objects according to their horizontal centers" (circled in red below)
6. Select the black line and, using the arrange tool, double-click on the line to edit nodes, then double-click on the black line at each of the nine inner markers to add the nodes.
7. Delete (or group and hide) the markers.

2018-09-10 09:59:19

Thank you for the workaround!