Cannot buy it

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-09-07 07:35:38

Hi all

So i want to buy Pixelmator pro, i'm running the demo very well but i cannot buy on apple store saying me (sorry for the traduction) : this computer doesn't have the configuration...

So yes, i'm running a RX580 card on mac pro 5,1 high sierra.

So how i can buy your product instead of this problem ?

Regards,

2018-09-10 15:34:50

This is, unfortunately, a known issue — we're currently using a workaround to check for Metal support because the App Store doesn't have a way of checking whether the Mac being used supports Metal. That workaround instead checks for a certain CPU feature because pretty much all Macs that natively support Metal also have this CPU feature. We're currently working with Apple to add a specific Metal-compatibility check to the Mac App Store, but it may take a little while yet and, until then, I'm afraid there isn't really a way for you to buy Pixelmator Pro. In addition, there is a possibility you'd be able to buy Pixelmator Pro on macOS Mojave (because it's Metal-only) but we haven't been able to confirm this just yet.

2018-09-10 17:01:38

I have a Mac Pro 5,1 with R9 280X, I suppose Pixelmator pro should work despite the App Store issue?

Have you guys considered selling the app independently?

Thank you

2018-09-11 11:56:18

Yes, the trial version works just fine on these computers — you can download it here. We have considered selling Pixelmator Pro outside the App Store but, unfortunately, it doesn't really make sense for us logistically, at least at this point in time.

2018-10-01 03:17:29

Just installed Mojave, tried to buy again but app store returned "We could not complete your purchase." error.

2018-10-11 21:22:22

Same here, frustrating, lot of us pro guys on older Mac Pros with new video cards

2018-12-07 16:21:35

How about having the App Store first check whether my Mac is running Mojave? If it is, then there should be no need to do any additional checks for specific CPU capabilities or Metal-capable hardware. I know this won't help those running High Sierra but it might remove the barrier for a good number of frustrated would-be purchasers who, like me, have upgraded to Mojave on old hardware that is nevertheless demonstrably capable of installing and running the trial version.

2019-04-03 11:11:11

I've just swapped out a GTX 680 Mac Edition for an officially-sanctioned Sapphire RX 580 Pulse and have started having issues with the "we could not complete your purchase error". I'm using a Mac Pro 5,1 running macOS 10.14.4.

Frankly, this is a bit silly since version 1.3.2 of Pixemator Pro runs perfectly fine, and the new card supports the full Metal feature set while the previous one did not. Is there anything I can do beyond copying the executable from another computer?

2019-04-04 03:09:04

Been running Pixelmator Pro on a true Mac Pro 5,1 just fine since October 2018. Have had an officially-sanctioned Sapphire RX 580 Pulse installed for many months and have apparently received all Pixelmator Pro updates. Running Mojave 14.4.4. With this latest Pixelmator Pro update, I started getting the "we could not complete your purchase" error as Buckley above. Tried many things to fix to no avail. Uninstalled the application thinking it was a glitch and was going to reinstall. Now I cannot even download the app without getting the same message. Really bites and no reason for this. Only app I am having issues with from the App Store.

UPDATE: I restored the version from yesterday via Time Machine and it is at 1.3.2 prism. Refreshed the App Store and it again shows the 1.3.3 update available. Alas, same error message when I click update. I give up....

2019-04-08 17:51:21

Hey there, if you haven't yet done so, could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com? I have a feeling you might have bought Pixelmator Pro while it was available to all High Sierra/Mojave users (due to a bug) and now you're unable to update it. We can share either a downloadable version with you or you can sign up for the public beta, which will ensure you stay up to do date and even ahead of the curve if you wish.

2019-04-08 17:58:58

by Andrius 2019-04-08 17:52:09 Hey there, if you haven't yet done so, could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com? I have a feeling you might have bought Pixelmator Pro while it was available to all High Sierra/Mojave users (due to a bug) and now you're unable to update it. We can share either a downloadable version with you or you can sign up for the public beta, which will ensure you stay up to do date and even ahead of the curve if you wish.
Thanks. I did email support and was provided a downloadable version. Installed just fine. Time will tell if I will be able to update further though as when I click download on the app store, I get the same error message even though the downloaded 1.3.3 version is installed. From Pixelmator support:

"You definitely aren’t the only one. As far as we’re aware, this issue specifically affects those who installed Pixelmator Pro sometime between October to November on Macs with upgraded GPUs. Hopefully, it won’t be too long until this gets sorted out."

Cheers!

2019-04-08 18:01:42

Alright, glad to hear it!

2019-08-06 14:36:32

Today it's Aug 6th and this issue seems yet unsolved.
I bought Pixelmator Pro through the App Store for my MacBookPro 11,3 on High Sierra a while ago. Runs fine there. Now, I've upgraded my old Mac Pro 5,1 with a Metal-compatible Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8 GB GPU, and installed Mojave 10.14.6 (officially Apple-supported) on it. Everything else seems OK as of today, but:
When I access my account on the App Store to download Pixelmator Pro for this machine, I get the same "we could not complete your purchase" error as those above and below. Logging out, restarting, logging in to no avail. Other apps download fine. What to do?

by Ska Man 2019-04-08 17:58:58
Thanks. I did email support and was provided a downloadable version. Installed just fine. Time will tell if I will be able to update further though as when I click download on the app store, I get the same error message even though the downloaded 1.3.3 version is installed. From Pixelmator support:

"You definitely aren’t the only one. As far as we’re aware, this issue specifically affects those who installed Pixelmator Pro sometime between October to November on Macs with upgraded GPUs. Hopefully, it won’t be too long until this gets sorted out."

Cheers!

2019-08-12 16:52:08

For now, we'd appreciate it if you could email us at support@pixelmator.com so we could send you a downloadable (non-App Store) version. Apologies for the inconvenience but this is, unfortunately, out of our hands...