Pro? – no, alas. A full refund, please.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-01-09 17:55:21

I bought this pro version in good faith, but it lacks so many features, that the name becomes a falsehood.

I will cease to use it from this day and ask for a full refund.

What is the point of this software? – it is nowhere near being a pro version.

In fact it is much, much worse than the basic version, even if it looks smart at a first glance.

Please retract this software from the app store immediately, and tell me, when the true pro version is available.

2018-01-10 12:23:44

For all sales via the App Store, sales and refund support is handled by Apple — for that reason, you'd need to get in touch with them to be refunded. You can click here to visit the Apple Support site.

P.S. Could you let me know what features in particular you'd like to see in Pixelmator Pro? I see you mentioned blending modes and alpha channel editing in two other threads, which we answered, but if there's anything else, feel free to let us know here.

2018-02-01 09:27:50

I must say, I agree.....there is a lot more in the 'basic' version.

What makes this "pro"?

I can't even soft proof to profile any more.

2018-03-20 20:04:39

No metadata support. Its very good at stripping out all existing metadata though. Beware!

2018-03-21 09:55:39

What kind of metadata support are you looking for? Pixelmator Pro does have support for viewing and saving images with metadata. One thing to remember is that you need to open the image directly to preserve its metadata. If you create an empty new image and add one or more photos with metadata to the image as new layers, it won't be imported as it's assumed you're working on a multilayered composition with multiple images and there isn't any need to add the metadata of just one of those images.

2022-10-05 11:33:35

Dude, I agree with you because I faced a similar situation. When ordering a pro version, the client counts on the full package of functions required to optimize the work. However, if the necessary functions are missing, the update loses meaning.

2022-10-14 00:44:02

Pixelmator Pro could have been something with this 3.0 update to rival photoshop for the apple experience but unfortunately fell into the Canva and Express route, which I get there's probably more money that way. But my god, was I excited to see you guys building something extraordinary.

2022-10-15 08:01:53

Actually I tend to agree more than disagree. To be proactive I would suggest you take a look at the Illustration side of the overall functions available.
In this part I am frustrated by the following areas:

1.what you see is often different from what you export in SVG, rasterization happens from time to time without understanding what causes it.
2. It lacks some functions that could be useful and are present in other software less pro than this in theory:
- symmetry drawing
- vector erasing (erase the line up to an intersection for example)
- nodes simplification
- improved anchors functions
- auto tracing feature

I would like a real alternative to Adobe illustrator
Instead what happens is I am using 3-4 different programs like a bit of clip studio paint, a bit of vectornator a bit of pixelmator... each one with some interesting features but each with problems in sharing files because SVG format is not behaving uniformly and it's implemented differently in each program...

So I think there's an opportunity for you here to take the lead in the Illustration side of the market for those like me who will never pay Adobe for a monthly subscription.

A.

2022-10-18 12:22:59

by BrunoHart Pixelmator Pro could have been something with this 3.0 update to rival photoshop for the apple experience but unfortunately fell into the Canva and Express route, which I get there's probably more money that way. But my god, was I excited to see you guys building something extraordinary.
Agree. The recent update with the new templates devalues the product in my opinion. Still love the app as it is truly an Apple product so to speak, but I just don't see the point of the fancy templates.

Looks like change for change sake.

2022-10-22 11:04:38

by bogheadben
Agree. The recent update with the new templates devalues the product in my opinion. Still love the app as it is truly an Apple product so to speak, but I just don't see the point of the fancy templates.

Looks like change for change sake.
A lot of apps have IG proofs, making it easier for influencers that don't have PS knowledge, etc. I see this as more of a "keeping up with the times" sort of update.

I'm confident that PP will evolve & eventually surpass PS and the likes.