Does anyone know how to curve the text in Pixelmator Pro?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2017-12-21 10:40:14

I'm making a holiday card and want to curve my text. But I didn't find a tool or anyway to make it.(Probably just I haven't known the usages which can be used to make the effect of some tools yet, because I'm a beginner in Pixelmator Pro)

I haven't found tutorials about this. So, is there anyone can tell me how to do this?

Thx :)

2017-12-22 19:11:24

You can't do this yet in Pixelmator Pro unfortunately

2017-12-22 19:45:07

As Sebastiaan states it is not possible at the moment (Maybe later? Who knows!). But there is maybe a solution that fits your needs.
1. Create a new text layer.
2. In the menu bar go to Format, Convert to Pixels (I use the German version of Pix Pro, the menu entry could be differ.)
3. When you have converted the text into pixels you can manipulate it with the program tools, especially with the Add Effect tool.

I have attached a screen shot with an example.

Have a merry christmas

2017-12-24 16:58:42

by Sebastiaan 2017-12-22 19:11:24 You can't do this yet in Pixelmator Pro unfortunately
Ok, wish it will coming later. I think it's a basic function, right?

2017-12-24 17:02:10

by Stefan Schulze 2017-12-22 19:45:07 As Sebastiaan states it is not possible at the moment (Maybe later? Who knows!). But there is maybe a solution that fits your needs.
1. Create a new text layer.
2. In the menu bar go to Format, Convert to Pixels (I use the German version of Pix Pro, the menu entry could be differ.)
3. When you have converted the text into pixels you can manipulate it with the program tools, especially with the Add Effect tool.

I have attached a screen shot with an example.

Have a merry christmas
That works! And it's a very helpful solution for now.

Appreciate and have a merry christmas!

2017-12-27 09:00:21

Maybe you try this: create text and then convert it into a shape... You could manipulate the shape...

2017-12-28 19:46:37

I use Phonto (iOS app) to curve text. First I create the artwork then export to jpg and open in Phonto to do the curved text. Image