Automation with AppleScript and Pixelmator Pro 1.8 public beta

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2020-06-18 14:40:20

What what what, Pixelmator Pro 1.8?! Oh yes, we’re feeling extra generous after the recent sneak peek at Pixelmator Pro 1.7 and we have some more great news about another great feature coming to Pixelmator Pro. That great feature is incredibly extensive support for AppleScript, the powerful and easy to use English-like scripting language for macOS.
Check out the full blog post here.

2020-06-18 19:10:14

Still keeping my fingers crossed for a near future update to Pixelmator Pro with Rotate View tool [R], and further down the line an Animation timeline.

2020-06-18 19:39:42

by Christopher Dobey 2020-06-18 16:13:47 Still keeping my fingers crossed for a near future update to Pixelmator Pro with Rotate View tool [R].
1.7 might have some good news for you. :smiley:

2020-06-20 11:56:34

I hope there will also be a bunch of automatic scripts for people like me, not being a developer...

Maybe the way Adobe has made for Photoshop, those macros...

Maybe like Actions in Hype...

Why not the way Adobe did in After Effects, Effects and presets...

Great stuff for designers who are not developers...

2020-06-20 21:50:16

A welcome feature and something I am looking forward to utilizing! It will be interesting to see all the cool ways people use this for.

I remember back in 1999 when I needed a graphic for my poor little website, but I had no experience in creating graphics for myself... Enter Gimp + Script-Fu. It was fun to mess with back in those days and it enhanced my interest in teaching myself how to create these things on my own.

2020-06-20 22:52:46

by Republiken 2020-06-20 11:56:34 I hope there will also be a bunch of automatic scripts for people like me, not being a developer...

I like how Pixelmator is doing it not copying Adobe this is much more Mac like.

2020-06-22 08:31:34

by pmathis A welcome feature and something I am looking forward to utilizing! It will be interesting to see all the cool ways people use this for.

I remember back in 1999 when I needed a graphic for my poor little website, but I had no experience in creating graphics for myself... Enter Gimp + Script-Fu. It was fun to mess with back in those days and it enhanced my interest in teaching myself how to create these things on my own.
Agreed! I can already see a few different slightly tedious tasks that can be automated using scripting support (luminosity masks, for example) and, of course, it can also be used for creative effects.
by Republiken 2020-06-20 11:56:34 I hope there will also be a bunch of automatic scripts for people like me, not being a developer...

The scripts are quite easily shareable so they should also be useful for designers who aren't developers!