Pixelmator Photo 1.2 out now

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2020-04-07 13:07:01

The fantastic updates just keep on coming and now it’s time for Pixelmator Photo 1.2! The latest major update — months in the making — brings Magic Keyboard, trackpad, and mouse support, Split View support, the machine-learning powered ML Match Colors, and more. Let’s take a closer look.

Read the full blog post here.

2020-04-07 15:27:37

Thank you!

I am excited to see where you are taking Pixelmator Photo next. Local adjustment layers perhaps?

2020-04-08 07:33:36

Should I change from betas to the normal app? Are there any fixes?
Thanks for your great work.

2020-04-08 07:52:38

by Han Thank you!

I am excited to see where you are taking Pixelmator Photo next. Local adjustment layers perhaps?
Well, Split View support might provide a hint as to our next goal. But local adjustments are certainly important too!
by Cata'S 2020-04-08 04:34:46 Should I change from betas to the normal app? Are there any fixes?
Thanks for your great work.
The App Store build is a little newer, so feel free to switch to that.

2020-04-08 08:50:58

Hello Andrius, I own Pixelmator OSX version and I still didn’t understand wether the IOS Photo app supports local adjustments (sort of) or if you are planning to add this feature in a future (I hope not too remote) version.

2020-04-08 10:24:01

by Stefano 2020-04-08 08:50:58 Hello Andrius, I own Pixelmator OSX version and I still didn’t understand wether the IOS Photo app supports local adjustments (sort of) or if you are planning to add this feature in a future (I hope not too remote) version.
Certain color-specific adjustments using the Replace Color and Selective Color adjustments do make some localized edits possible but brush-based adjustments and mask-based adjustments are not available. Of course, this is a big priority for us and we certainly plan to add it but it's also a very significant feature so, even if we started today, it would take a while to complete. The best I can offer is to keep a lookout for the news we share and keep your fingers crossed. :wink:

2020-04-08 10:53:50

by Andrius 2020-04-08 10:25:08
Certain color-specific adjustments using the Replace Color and Selective Color adjustments do make some localized edits possible but brush-based adjustments and mask-based adjustments are not available. Of course, this is a big priority for us and we certainly plan to add it but it's also a very significant feature so, even if we started today, it would take a while to complete. The best I can offer is to keep a lookout for the news we share and keep your fingers crossed. :wink:
Thanks Andrius I know these features are not easy peasy to implement and I know you guys worked and work hard to offer such good (and beautiful) products, thus I will keep following and supporting you as much as I can. 😉

2020-04-08 11:04:05

Still no support for Dark Mode. Oh well :(

2020-04-08 11:19:28

by Stefano 2020-04-08 07:55:11
Thanks Andrius I know these features are not easy peasy to implement and I know you guys worked and work hard to offer such good (and beautiful) products, thus I will keep following and supporting you as much as I can. 😉
Appreciate the kind words!
by Yuka W 2020-04-08 08:05:26 Still no support for Dark Mode. Oh well :(
Dark mode? Or light mode? Because dark mode is pretty much all we have so far. :smiley: A light appearance would be nice to have as an option, sure, but it's not a big priority just now.

2020-04-08 12:54:21

by Andrius 2020-04-08 11:19:28
Appreciate the kind words!

Dark mode? Or light mode? Because dark mode is pretty much all we have so far. :smiley: A light appearance would be nice to have as an option, sure, but it's not a big priority just now.
It seems you don't understand the difference :). The fact that Pixelmator Photo views are dark don't make the app support Dark Mode. The app popovers are still light and don't support Dark mode.

2020-04-08 14:12:39

Oh, very true, my apologies! Yes, that would be easier to do and it's something we could take care of sooner. Thanks for the clarification!

2020-04-10 20:03:21

Would love it to replace LR Mobile and that is NOT going to happen until the app has a linear gradient tool at the very least. SORRY.

2020-04-14 15:21:14

by Chris Bryant 2020-04-10 20:03:21 Would love it to replace LR Mobile and that is NOT going to happen until the app has a linear gradient tool at the very least. SORRY.
That's OK Chris, no need to apologize. :wink: Either way, we'll keep working on Pixelmator Photo and local/mask-based adjustments will most likely be added at some point in the future.