Pixelmator Photo now available on the App Store

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2019-04-09 14:06:27

The big day is here. The incredible, AI-powered Pixelmator Photo is now available to download from the App Store!

All those of you who pre-ordered the app have already received it — we hope you’re loving it! The rest of you, head on down to the App Store, download Pixelmator Photo, and let us know what you think. We really do love hearing your feedback.

And know that this is only the beginning of the Pixelmator Photo journey. We’re already working on improvements, new features, and thinking about where to take the app in the future. It’s going to be a fun ride!

Buy Now

Note: We know some of you aren’t able to download the app on iPad Air 3 and iPad mini 5 devices, even though you were able to pre-order and can also run the TestFlight builds just fine. Strangely, we’ve also had reports from a few different people that they were able to download the app on those devices without any trouble. For those affected, please email us at support@pixelmator.com and we’ll get you a copy of the app via TestFlight for now — apologies for the inconvenience, we’re doing our best to get to the bottom of this!

2019-04-09 16:33:43

Congratulations! I have already been playing around with it for a while today. Can't wait to see if you integrate noise removal, that would totally push me over from Lightroom. Other than that, the app is amazing, bar crashing at times editing 50MB RAW files, but I know you'll show it who's boss.

2019-04-09 19:39:04

Are there plans to bring this to iPhone? I don't need full functionality, but being able to do basic adjustments and filter would be ideal.

2019-04-10 09:18:06

by Jake Congratulations! I have already been playing around with it for a while today. Can't wait to see if you integrate noise removal, that would totally push me over from Lightroom. Other than that, the app is amazing, bar crashing at times editing 50MB RAW files, but I know you'll show it who's boss.
Any chance you could share some of those crash reports with us via email? Steps for that would be as follows:

1. Open Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data.
2. Tap to open a Pixelmator Photo crash from the list. This will start with “Pixelmator Photo-” and contain the time of the crash in the title.
3. Tap the share button in the top right and email the report to support@pixelmator.com.

Thanks in advance!
by jernejcic Are there plans to bring this to iPhone? I don't need full functionality, but being able to do basic adjustments and filter would be ideal.
We'd love to. But we also want to do the tools justice on the smaller screen. Pixelmator Photo is designed for the iPad first and, if/when we create an iPhone version, it will be designed specifically for iPhone. That's easier said than done, so it will take a little while, but it's certainly something we're seriously considering.

2019-04-12 11:35:32

by Andrius 2019-04-10 14:18:06 We'd love to. But we also want to do the tools justice on the smaller screen. Pixelmator Photo is designed for the iPad first and, if/when we create an iPhone version, it will be designed specifically for iPhone. That's easier said than done, so it will take a little while, but it's certainly something we're seriously considering.
Glad to hear that it hasn't been ruled out! :grin:

I like Lightroom on iPhone alot, but just can't do the buy-in into that eco-system, and I LOVE the functionality you guys have in Pixelmator Photo that allows me to use different storage solutions.

Keep up that great work! I've been with you since the first release of the original Pixelmator.

2019-04-15 12:01:46

by jernejcic 2019-04-12 11:35:32
Glad to hear that it hasn't been ruled out! :grin:

I like Lightroom on iPhone alot, but just can't do the buy-in into that eco-system, and I LOVE the functionality you guys have in Pixelmator Photo that allows me to use different storage solutions.

Keep up that great work! I've been with you since the first release of the original Pixelmator.
We have no plans to stop! :grinning: