Final Pixelmator Photo beta now available

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2019-03-08 15:12:11

Over the past 4 weeks (or a month, if you prefer), we’ve been adding the finishing touches to the long-awaited Pixelmator Photo. And it turns out those finishing touches are pretty significant! Today, we’re making the final Pixelmator Photo beta available to our exclusive group of beta testers and opening up 400 additional beta testing spots.

Pixelmator Photo has come a loooong way since the very first beta and many thanks for that go to all our diligent beta testers. Thank you, really! We hope this will help make sure that the public release of Pixelmator Photo is as solid as possible.

In our last Pixelmator Photo blog post, we said there’s one more big thing we want to add before releasing the app into the wild. And that big thing is the brand new photo browser. We think it’s gorgeous and makes it much easier to browse and import images from your Photos library. But this update has a whole lot more, like localizations into 10 languages, an initial in-app Help guide, preset collection descriptions, and more. For a beta, this update is huge.

If you aren’t yet a part of our beta team, see if you can grab one of those 400 additional spots and, if you are, take the time to check out these changes and let us know what you think!

Join Beta

2019-03-08 16:06:42

How is it full already! :(

2019-03-08 16:10:11

by Jonthan Llamas 2019-03-07 21:00:00 How is it full already! :(
The principles of supply and demand, I'd guess. :smiley: But don't worry, send me an email at andriusg@pixelmator.com and I'll send you an invite.

P.S. Yes, anyone who'd really really love to try the beta can send me an email and I'll share an invite. :wink:

2019-03-08 16:44:41

Just got back from my lecture and the Beta is already full :sob: Shoud really turn on email notications on my iPad when in class haha :joy: Image

2019-03-09 03:15:43

I received the email at 2 in the morning in Australia and by the time I was up, the beta was full. At least if I knew when the offer was coming, I’d stay up for it and have a fair chance.

2019-03-09 06:03:13

Hi Udi,

I missed it too.I don’t know if you saw this in Andrius's post above. I sent an email request but haven’t heard anything yet. It’s worth a try!

Good luck!
by Andrius
The principles of supply and demand, I'd guess. :smiley: But don't worry, send me an email at <a href="mailto:andriusg@pixelmator.com">andriusg@pixelmator.com</a> and I'll send you an invite.

P.S. Yes, anyone who'd really really love to try the beta can send me an email and I'll share an invite. :wink:

2019-03-09 07:21:18

Hi,
i really like the Pixelmator Photo Beta so far.
The only thing I miss is ‚selective editing‘ with a brush, radial or linear gradient...do u plan to add this in future?

2019-03-12 12:32:47

Hey there ! I can not add the beta to TestFlight so far. Can you help ? 😊😉 Image

2019-03-14 12:19:52

Everyone should have now received their invites — it's been a busy few days. :wink:

P.S. Yes, of course, selective editing would be totally awesome. :smiley: