Pixelmator Photo Beta 2 out now

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2019-03-04 15:48:26

Hehe, we'll have some news about it this week! :pray:

2019-03-05 06:06:56

by Andrius Hehe, we'll have some news about it this week! :pray:
Lovely! I can legitimately say I made an account to follow these developments, I'm incredibly excited!

2019-03-19 23:05:01

Also very excited about this release.

2019-03-20 12:31:51

Just wanted to say that the color wheel adjustments on an iPad are perfectly controllable with the thumb while holding the tablet. Since I tend not to do too much beauty retouching but really spend a fair amount of time doing colorist stuff. This is awesome.

2019-03-20 12:35:55

Any plan to add LUT support? This would be huge. I'm not a big fan of that filter stuff at the bottom as it seems to kill/crush too much detail. But being able to store LUTs and calling them up at the bottom would be great.

2019-03-20 12:37:46

Maybe also a Lightroom like step based view of all edit decisions making it possible to more easily revert than just clicking undo a million times. Perhaps I'm missing something?

2019-03-20 13:49:29

LUT support is definitely on the roadmap — we're working on that for Pixelmator Pro, so whenever it's ready, we can think about bringing it to Pixelmator Photo.

As for a history-style feature, that's a great suggestion! I'll pass that on to the rest of the team. :ok_hand:

2019-03-20 16:09:19

by Andrius 2019-03-20 13:49:29 LUT support is definitely on the roadmap — we're working on that for Pixelmator Pro, so whenever it's ready, we can think about bringing it to Pixelmator Photo.

As for a history-style feature, that's a great suggestion! I'll pass that on to the rest of the team. :ok_hand:
This Pixelmator for iPad beta is really, really cool. Been playing a bit more with it and happy you guys are considering a history (and being able to go back to a step). LUT support would be huge both for loading and saving. I can see Pixelmator being useful during the pre-production process of a movie. For anyone who is let's say takes stills in different settings/scenes as part of building a storyboard. Then uses Pixelmator to define a "look"/LUT for each scene. Each LUT/still can then be exported and given to the editor once the scenes have been shot and the editor/colorist finish the movie.

Question: If I've made an edit of an image how can I save the color settings (like a LUT) and reuse them again? The same concept as a preset in Lightroom really.

2019-03-20 16:32:13

For that, you can scroll to the far end of the preset list and tap the + button. :wink: