Thank you and goodbye

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2018-12-05 18:37:58

As you might have noticed the recent months, I have been less active on the forums and by the end of this year, I will stop providing forum support and moderation for this forum and the Pixelmator Team. I want to thank you all for the almost 11 years of interesting discussions and sharing of tips and tricks. We've had 11 years with ups and a few downs, it has not always been easy understanding the team's views on certain matters while there are a couple of hundred users wondering why it takes years for a simple feature or UI-color to appear, or wondering why updates aren't always free and discounts are unfair. But we have to look at the facts and those are that Pixelmator has grown into a wonderful image editing suite that I myself will continue using for many years to come. I am grateful for having many fond memories from moderating the forum. Even deleting over 400 (or was it 4000?) spam-posts one day and sitting up to 2am in the morning explaining to angry forum users why one now and then needs to pay for a software upgrade.

Unfortunately, I will also close my site PixelmatorTutorials.net, which has most likely been the longest running Pixelmator Tutorial site with 10 years worth of tutorials. The associated social accounts will close down as well. So if you want to get your hands on some tutorials now is the time to download them.

I will leave you in the capable hands of Andrius who can work much closer to the team than I ever could be capable off since I am a few countries away from where the team is.

I will still be around on the forums now and then when I need help from you guys and girls figuring stuff out in upcoming versions of Pixelmator. My focus will be less on Pixelmator and more towards my work as a meditation instructor and transformational guide. I'm travelling around the globe doing this which is a fantastic adventure so maybe we meet in person one day!

Again thank you so much for the past 11 years and I see you around now and then.

- Sebastiaan

2018-12-06 08:03:54

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thank you so much for your help over the years I have used Pixelmator and Pixelmator Pro. You will be missed greatly.

Wishing you all the best with your next adventure.

- Stef.

2018-12-06 08:22:54

Wishing you all the best, Sebastiaan — it's been great having your knowledgeable self around all these years (though I've only been here for just about 3 of them). Good luck with your current adventure and globetrotting and, If you're ever in Lithuania, feel free to pop by the office!

2019-01-22 17:35:17

Good luck! Enjoy the process and the ride. Your contributions have been and remain very much appreciated.