Pixelmator Pro back-to-school sale and update news

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2018-09-06 14:13:49

Hey everyone! We’ve got a few different pieces of exciting Pixelmator news for you today — we’re having a back-to-school sale, shipping an update to Pixelmator Pro, and releasing our next update as a public beta. Read on for all the awesome details.

Pixelmator Pro 1.1.4 out now
A couple of weeks ago, we revealed a few juicy details about the next Pixelmator Pro update and gave you all a chance to try it by signing up for our beta program. The beta testing went really great and the 1.1.4 update is now available on the Mac App Store. Woohoo!

We’ve added a whole bunch of gorgeous new effects, like the beautiful Light Leak effect and all kinds of other new features and improvements. You can learn a little more about the update itself on our beautifully redesigned What’s New page. And see the new Light Leak effect in action below in our latest tutorial video.

Beta program — next update now available
Speaking of the Pixelmator Pro beta program, today we’re also making the next Pixelmator Pro update available for public beta testing. Version 1.1.5 won’t have quite as many new features and will focus most on performance — especially in large images and images with lots of layers. Performance, in this case, covers pretty much everything: opening documents, zooming, moving and resizing layers, and everything in between. You’re welcome to sign up for our beta program and help make Pixelmator Pro even better.

Sale!
That’s right, we’re having a sale! To mark the beginning of the school year, Pixelmator Pro is on sale for 50% off, so, starting today, it’s available from the Mac App Store for $29.99.

What’s next?
What else do we have in store? Well, things have been moving at a lightning quick pace recently and we have no plans to slow down. We’re getting close to finishing up the 1.2 major upgrade (free for existing customers, of course) — it’s going to have full macOS Mojave support and some other really fantastic new additions. We’re not going to reveal exactly what’s in store just yet, but the public release of macOS Mojave is just around the corner, so you won’t have to wait too long.

2018-09-06 15:48:30

Back to the time that Pixelmator Pro just released, you told us that Pixelmator Pro will make a discount and raise the price soon, so I upgrade to Pixelmator Pro from Pixelmator immediately. Now the price are lower? well that's a little disgusting. :open_mouth:

2018-09-07 04:41:25

Please make this app not need metal. Every time you update the app I want to kill myself because I can't get the updates, as I don't have metal support.

2018-09-07 16:38:03

Wow! I hope you’re joking 😀

2018-09-12 05:49:43

Thanks for the sale, perfect timing 👌