Pixelmator Pro 1.1.3 out now

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2018-08-14 13:51:07

We've just shipped a smaller update to Pixelmator Pro with a couple sweet new features — you can now convert selections into shapes! — and some stability improvements and bug fixes. You can find the full release notes about the update on our What's New page:

https://www.pixelmator.com/pro/updates/

P.S. We're working on something a little bigger for the next point update and hope to share some news with you about it soon. :fire:

2018-08-21 21:37:25

you can now convert selections into shapes!
I can't believe that I had the beta for two weeks and didn't notice this. Thanks for adding this. I've missed it.

2018-08-23 07:30:56

by st3f I can't believe that I had the beta for two weeks and didn't notice this. Thanks for adding this. I've missed it.
Our pleasure! :pray:

P.S. What would you say is at the top of the list of things you miss from the original Pixelmator?

2018-08-23 15:54:46

What would you say is at the top of the list of things you miss from the original Pixelmator?
Tricky question. If you'd asked me a month back I think it would have been convert selection to shape. :smiley:

Probably the big one for me now is Edit in Quick Mask Mode. Sometimes, because I want to paint a selection, but mostly because I can see the extent of a soft edged selection easily with a single button press. What I do in Pixelmator Pro is click on the refine selection button to get the yellow overlay for the same purpose.

Ideally, I'd love to live in a world where I can move data seamlessly between shapes, selections, masks, layer luminocity, layer opacity, and colour channels, but that's a huge leap (or a whole load of smaller ones). :smiley:

2018-08-24 10:56:51

by st3f Probably the big one for me now is Edit in Quick Mask Mode. Sometimes, because I want to paint a selection, but mostly because I can see the extent of a soft edged selection easily with a single button press. What I do in Pixelmator Pro is click on the refine selection button to get the yellow overlay for the same purpose.
That's an unexpected choice, I must say... Nevertheless, we do have Quick Mask mode in mind!