Pixelmator has gone black

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2020-04-25 00:58:16

Hi. I’ve been using Pixelmator for IOS for about three years now and never had a problem. I used it two days ago. No problem. Today when I opened the app, there was just a black screen. I ties reopening several times with no success. I tried a hard reset of my iPad, in case it was an iPad problem. Nothing. Then I decided to delete and reinstall the app. When I did, there was an entirely different opening page, with no way to access my photos . It looked like a completely different app. I am using an iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS version. I use Pixelmator extensively and really like it. Can you help?

2020-04-26 14:32:52

Hi Steve, we recently released an update to Pixelmator for iOS, replacing the Pixelmator gallery with a Files-based document browser. You can learn a little more about using it on our Pixelmator for iOS Help page: https://help.pixelmator.com/ios/2.5/#494

It's certainly still possible to access and open your photos — you'll need to tap the + button in the toolbar at the top, then choose the Photos tab at the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps!

2020-04-26 15:47:44

Thanks very much! This helps. Just need to get used to the new format.