Problem after latest update... 21st April 2020

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2020-04-22 17:05:03

I installed the latest update onto my iPad Pro yesterday. Now I cannot open a new template. I select whichever, (paper size, last used, etc) and the ‘wait’ circle begins to rotate.... and nothing more. It can’t be cancelled or stopped. Nothing opens. All I can do is come out and close the App. The only way I could do my work today was to start with an existing item, clear its canvass and use it as a work round. Anyone else having a problem?

2020-04-23 13:21:38

Hi there, could you email us about this at support@pixelmator.com with some details about your device and version of iOS? Thanks in advance!

2020-04-23 14:08:04

I did email your team on the 21st April.

I wrote "Hi. I just updated Pixelmator on my iPad (21st April) only to find that whilst the app will only allow me to open an existing item, it will not now let me begin a new one. Whether I choose an international paper size or portrait/landscape or even a template, the opening revolving circle just goes on and on and no new page is offered on which to work. Therefore, I may only edit an existing item and not create anything new. Can you please help?"

Your reply is this "Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. We’ve received your email and will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible! In the meantime, if you think you’ve found a bug or you’re having a critical issue with Pixelmator Pro, Pixelmator, Pixelmator for iOS, or Pixelmator Photo, you can speed things up by replying to this email with a few important pieces of information. Visit the following link to find out how to file an awesome bug report: https://bit.ly/2UsjUqJ Thanks!"
Then you colleague wrote: " Hi Edward, Thanks for reaching out. Perhaps you're using some third-party storage providers (cloud services) for storing your Pixelmator files? Go to iOS Settings > Pixelmator, and check what's selected under Document Storage there.
Best, Aurelija". ????

May I repeat that the problem is that since the update which I loaded on the 21st April, Pixelmator on my 2019 11" iPad Pro and using the very latest IOS, no longer allows me to open a new template to begin a new item. Once I choose the template (paper size, etc) the white spinning circle begins and does not end. I have to come out and close the App. The only way I can now work using Pixelmator on my iPad is by opening an existing item, clearing the previous work, and using the blank canvass.

2020-04-23 15:03:31

Thanks for the clarification — I'm guessing you tried following those instructions and they didn't change anything? If so, could you let me know what you currently have selected in Settings > Pixelmator > Document Storage? That setting may be having an effect on the issue you're having so we'd just like to make sure it isn't before we can troubleshoot further. :pray:

2020-04-23 15:13:11

I have written six emails and posted on this site, NOTHING! You have my money help! Paint tool stopped working, pixel paint works??? Color picker slow, screwed up. I am ready and will need to move from this community soon. I paid for Pixelmator Pro, so I would think you would care and help.

2020-04-23 15:39:08

by William McCullagh 2020-04-23 12:13:25 I have written six emails and posted on this site, NOTHING! You have my money help! Paint tool stopped working, pixel paint works??? Color picker slow, screwed up. I am ready and will need to move from this community soon. I paid for Pixelmator Pro, so I would think you would care and help.
William, apologies, it seems your emails didn't come through to our helpdesk software — we'll investigate. I've also responded in your original thread: http://www.pixelmator.com/community/vie ... 555#p56555

2020-04-23 16:09:05

Andrius. Thank you for your response. I store in iCloud. I have owned Pixelmator in all its generations from pretty much the start and have always stored in iCloud.

2020-04-23 18:53:37

Great, thanks for the clarification, it’s late here (we’re based in Lithuania), but I’ll check up with the devs first thing tomorrow!

2020-04-23 19:16:14

Thank you. I have happy memories of Vilnius. Have a good evening.

2020-04-24 08:09:31

Hi again, I've just followed up on this and have an additional question:

– When you tap Create Document, which folder/location do you have open in the Files browser?

If one isn't working, could you try another, such as On My iPad?

And if that doesn't help, we'd really appreciate a screen recording demonstrating the issue, these often make things easier to diagnose. You can upload the recording to http://upload.pixelmator.com, then copy and paste the link that appears in your reply here. If you'd rather not post the recording here, feel free to send it through to me at andriusg@pixelmator.com or our support address, of course.
by Ed Murphy I have happy memories of Vilnius.
That's exactly where are — nice to hear you've had a chance to visit!