I need an image at 300 dpi. I understand how to change the image size, but not the resolution. Please help!

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2019-12-26 05:40:25

I am new to Pixelmator Photo for iOS. I need to export photo’s that are ready for print at 300 dpi and I cannot figure out how to do this. Please

2020-01-02 14:58:59

Hi there, it isn't currently possible to do this in Pixelmator for iOS — in most cases, PPI/DPI is simply a setting and your photo either has the required pixel dimensions to be printed at a certain physical size or it doesn't. Changing the PPI setting to 300 doesn't increase the quality of an image (unless done with something like our new ML Super Resolution feature), it simply tells the printer to print a certain number of pixels in a certain area.

We'll see if we can add this in the future, though!

2021-11-29 19:18:00

by Andrius 2020-01-02 14:58:59 Hi there, it isn't currently possible to do this in Pixelmator for iOS — in most cases, PPI/DPI is simply a setting and your photo either has the required pixel dimensions to be printed at a certain physical size or it doesn't. Changing the PPI setting to 300 doesn't increase the quality of an image (unless done with something like our new ML Super Resolution feature), it simply tells the printer to print a certain number of pixels in a certain area.

We'll see if we can add this in the future, though!
I would also like to be able to do this, for this exact reason: having the printer pick by default the correct dimensions.

Is there any news about this? :D

2021-12-20 08:33:32

by Lohoris 2021-11-29 17:18:00
I would also like to be able to do this, for this exact reason: having the printer pick by default the correct dimensions.

Is there any news about this? :D
Nothing new to share yet, but there are certain calculations you can do manually when creating a new document for it to print at a certain pixel density. Andrius explains it in more detail in this thread here.