Where is "copy and paste" ?

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2019-03-14 19:07:24

Hello. How do you copy part of a layer to paste it to another layer or another image? I selected it with the selection tool but I don't find any "copy" or "paste" function anywhere in Pixelmator for iOS. Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

2019-03-14 22:38:39

Hi flaberguest.

To get the pop-up menu, select your area, tap Done then tap on the selection. You’ll get the usual Cut/Copy/etc...

To paste what is in the clipboard, tap on the canvas and you’ll get a Paste option. The contents of the clipboard will be pasted as a new layer.

Pro-tip: when you tap on the selected area, one of the options is Duplicate. That will copy and paste in one.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.

2019-03-15 07:28:30

Great, thank you! The process is a bit clumsy, but it is working...

2020-12-15 21:40:19

Actually, this does NOT work. at least not for me on my iPad. I try to touch in different places, touch hard, touch softly, but the copy/paste menu only shows up a frection of the times I try. And seemingly at random, so after trying fot 20 minutes I still have no idea how to make it work every time. I manged to copy (once) but when I try to paste, there is no menu.
What’s the trick?

2020-12-16 08:57:10

Hey Erik! Are you also trying to copy and paste a selection? Or, perhaps, you're doing something else? Typically, you'd need to one-finger tap a selection or a layer to select it, then tap it again to bring up the contextual menu. The process is the same for pasting. Let me know if that works for you!

2020-12-16 20:34:20

Yes, I sort of got that far. Problem was it wasn´t really clear I had to tap on a layer in the layer menu in order to get the paste menu. I was just tapping away like crazy on the canvas.

Thanks!

2020-12-18 16:30:21

Technically, this should also work when tapping the canvas, but there can be nuances. For instance, if you have a tool selected, the menu won't appear when tapping the canvas directly — you'd have to quit the editing mode first.