Pixelmator PRO on iOS

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2021-04-20 13:00:47

by BartWritesBooks 2021-04-16 20:13:30 What app can you use to open Pixelmator Pro files on iPad ? I am trying to figure out which apps to get to replace Photoshop on both MBP and iPad sine i use both extensively. Thx!
For now, Pixelmator Pro documents are available to edit exclusively on Mac but if you save them as PSDs, you should be able to open such documents in Pixelmator for iOS. We plan to add PXD document support to Pixelmator for iOS in the not too distant future, too.

2021-04-21 10:40:53

by Aurelija
For now, Pixelmator Pro documents are available to edit exclusively on Mac but if you save them as PSDs, you should be able to open such documents in Pixelmator for iOS. We plan to add PXD document support to Pixelmator for iOS in the not too distant future, too.
This has been what your team has been saying for almost a year, really disappointing that it’s taking this long.

2021-04-22 12:42:41

by LunaL
This has been what your team has been saying for almost a year, really disappointing that it’s taking this long.
It's, indeed, been a hot minute since we first announced we're starting this project but the changes we're making are pretty fundamental. With such changes usually comes the risk of breaking something so we really want to make sure that doesn't happen and everything in the upcoming update is working as smoothly as possible. While I can't say we're nearing the finish line just yet, the good news is that a lot has been done already and the developments are steadily moving forward.

2021-04-25 05:13:06

With iPad Pros running on the M1 chip with up to 16GB of RAM, plus iPadOS 15 on it’s way, I wonder if there’s a chance Pixelmator Pro will get to see the light of day for iPadOS in the next couple of years.