Can't paste to layers nor add layers

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2018-01-29 20:03:10

Hi I cannot add layers or paste on existing layers, this is really bad, is there a problem with the latest iOS update, I need this sorted asap as I use this for our business and web content.

2018-02-05 10:20:01

If you haven't yet emailed us about this at support@pixelmator.com, please do and we'll see what might be going on. I'm assuming you're using Pixelmator for iOS and my guess is your image has the maximum number of layers for a given image size (the larger an image is, the fewer layers it can have due to memory limitations on mobile devices). Image editing apps generally don't let you paste directly onto existing layers and any new content is inserted in a new layer above the currently selected layer. Then, if you need to, you can merge the layers down into one.

2018-02-05 20:37:59

I repurchased the app, solved the problem. There was no option to update the original app. Pretty ordinary, I hope the new version I paid for has updates?!

2018-02-06 12:59:51

That's definitely very odd — all Pixelmator for iOS updates have been free so far, so the only thing that could have happened is the purchase somehow got lost (for example, if you changed your Apple ID region or switched to a different Apple ID). It might be worth getting in touch with Apple Support about this as they would potentially be able to shed some light on what went wrong.