can’t post to Instagram anymore

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2021-05-22 11:49:16

Previously I’d use the Share arrow, pick Open in another app, pick PNG, hit Choose App, ignore the first Instagram icon and scroll over to More, then I’d have the option to ‘COPY TO Instagram’ (or it might have said ‘SEND A COPY TO Instagram’), and that let me resize/filter/add captions and post.

Now after hitting More I just get the Instagram icon again, and if I hit that it doesn’t open the Instagram posting interface. It just opens this weird screen that seems to do nothing. Image

My iPad died in January and I’ve only just got a new one, and it seems Pixelmator for iOS has dropped the copy to Instagram feature.

Do I need to find a new photo editing program instead?

2021-06-24 12:32:13

Instagram is actually not working well lately. Recently, I was interested in the question of subscribers, as I posted photos every day and my pictures were very beautiful. I didn't understand why the subscribers were not growing. My friend decided to support me and order from famoid.com subscribers. It really helped me feel needed when I got a return of good emotions from new people and I never thought that it would be so important to me.

2021-06-28 11:48:51

Seems like an OS-level issue. :thinking: It'll likely be sorted out in future iOS updates, if not — we'd love to hear about this at support@pixelmator.com with more details about your device and Pixelmator version.

2021-09-25 06:24:08

hi, it’s still not there, & I’ve upgraded my iOS & my Pixelmator, can you please help? Open in other app > Instagram doesn’t let you edit the image in Instagram eg apply Instagram filters, it never has allowed that, but you had the ‘COPY to Instagram’ option which opened the option in the Instagram edit mode, which was perfect. I’m working on an iPad & saving to camera roll force converts images to,co,pressed JPEGs, which defeats the purpose of using a hi res editing program like Pixelmator. I don’t want to have to change to another editing app & learn all over again, I’d like to stay with Pixelmator but you haven’t let me post to Instagram for months now

2021-09-29 12:57:09

Thanks for the follow-up Jenny-Anne! Could you try choosing "Send a Copy" > Share > Instagram instead and see if that works for you? The "Open in Another App" option will be removed in future updates as it seems to be obsolete now and is no longer supported by Apple.